ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (August 7, 2019) – Join us as champions from around the world hit the track for the 37th running of Arlington Million Day Saturday, August 10th at Arlington International Racecourse. The Arlington International Festival of Racing is the MUST ATTEND event of the year! Thousands trek across the globe each and every year for this spectacular Chicagoland event, one we’re lucky enough to have in our own backyard. Experience Illinois’s biggest day of racing with exclusive ticketed packages, big ways to win and a celebration of the best racehorses in the world. Bring your family, friends and neighbors and dress to the nines, for your chance to win our infamous best-dressed contest. Strut your stuff in front of our panel of judges. Judges will choose the top 20, but only one lady and gentleman will be crowned royalty. Win, Place, Show titles are also up for grabs after Race 4 in the Paddock. And we’ve got Million Mystery Vouchers! $5,000 worth of coupons will be randomly released from our wagering machines, lucky recipients can win up to $500. Everyone’s a winner as 7th Heaven takes the Miller Lite Band Stage. Blackhawks anthem singer Jim Cornelison gets things kicked off and we’ve got Grammy Winning Saxophonist Frank Catalano in the house. Whether it’s tradition or you’ve never been, come out to one of Chicago’s biggest parties of the year and make it one to remember!
The first of three Grade I’s on the day will be the 30th running of the Beverly D. (GI) as Sistercharlie (IRE) looks to become the first ever to win the race twice. The Chad Brown trainee will be the one to beat as she is listed as the 8-5 morning line favorite.
30th running of The Beverly D. (GI)
1 3/16th miles (Turf)
- Fleeting (IRE) – Ryan Moore – 5/2 ML
- Awesometank (GB) – Florent Geroux – 8/1 ML
- Competitionofideas – Javier Castellano – 6/1 ML
- Oh So Terrible – Jose Valdivia Jr. – 30/1 ML
- Remember Daisy – Mitchell Murill – 30/1 ML
- Magic Wand (IRE) – Wayne Lordan – 3/1 ML
- Sistercharlie (IRE) – John Velazquez – 8/5 ML
- Thais (FR) – Irad Ortiz Jr. – 20/1 ML
The second Grade I on tap Saturday will be the 43rd running of the Secretariat Stakes (GI) as a field of nine will be sent the one-mile journey over the Arlington turf course. The Chad Brown trainee, Fog of War, was installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite. Peter Brant’s 3-year-old son of War Front looks to score his second Grade I in his young career.
43rd running of The Secretariat Stakes (GI)
1 mile (Turf)
- Clint Maroon (GB) – Channing Hill – 20/1 ML
- Van Beethoven – Wayne Lordan – 8/1 ML
- Never No More (IRE) – Ryan Moore – 6/1 ML
- The Last Zip – Adam Beschizza – 6/1 ML
- Ry’s the Guy – Chris Landeros – 15/1 ML
- Fog of War – Irad Ortiz Jr. – 3/1 ML
- Valid Point – Javier Castellano – 5/1 ML
- Faraway Kitten – John Velazquez – 9/2 ML
- Crafty Daddy – Florent Geroux – 5/1 ML
Chad Brown’s Bricks and Mortar ships into town as the number one horse in the country, who is also riding a five-race win streak and is a perfect four for four so far in 2019. The Klaravich Stables son of Giant’s Causeway is certainly the one to beat and was made the 8-5 morning line favorite.
When: Arlington MillionSaturday, August 10 Gates Open @ 10:30am, First Race 12:15pm
VIP Tickets $50 & Up/General Admission $30 Adult/$6 Youth
Where: Arlington, 2200 West Euclid Ave., Arlington Heights, IL 60005