Chicago, IL (BlackNews.com) — AIDS Awareness Month. Among ages 25-34, AIDS is the for Black women. BlackDoctor.org (www.BlackDoctor.org), the nation’s leading health resource for African Americans, continues to help the Black community fight back against these sobering statistics.
BlackDoctor.org has a wealth of free HIV/AIDS resources to educate, inform and arm African Americans with the vital tools that can save lives:
* HIV Learning Center – Provides easy access to HIV research, prevention and treatments.
* HIV/AIDS Channel – Covers the latest news in the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS.
* Living With HIV channel – Detailed strategies and testimonials about how to live a healthier, happier life…even after being diagnosed with .
* List of HIV Clinics – Find a listing of locations serving HIV patients.
* HIV Provider Registry – A complete up-to-date list of HIV providers.
* HIV Caregivers – Easily locate a caregiver in your area using this listing.
* HIV Services – Obtain a link of HIV/AIDS-specific services.
* HIV Support Groups – Find a community of support for those living with HIV.
* HIV Youth Resources – Browse through articles and tips for Teens and HIV.
* Articles from Emmy Â® Award winning AIDS activist Rae Lewis Thornton – BlackDoctor.org has partnered with this powerful activist who helped changed the face of AIDS to assist her to spread the sometimes blunt, sometimes heartbreaking, but always meaningful message of awareness and courage.
* Ask Dr. Keith Crawford – BlackDoctor.org HIV/AIDS expert and is currently in the Department of at the where he develops clinical research studies to improve . Dr. Crawford is available to answer all HIV/AIDS related questions.
“Today, an HIV diagnosis is very far from the death sentence it was in the ’80’s,” says Dr. Crawford, “the more we learn, the better we do in extending life with a high quality. That’s why BlackDoctor.org is so important to the Black community. With articles like ‘Day 1: After You’ve Tested Positive’ shows the amount of dedication and attention BlackDoctor.org puts into fighting this disease.”
Chicago-based BlackDoctor.org (www.BlackDoctor.org) is the leading resource for African-American health, nutrition, weight loss and fitness information in the United States. 24/7, BlackDoctor.org delivers: the BDO Health Library, BDO Symptom Checker, Find-A-Doctor Search Tool, culturally-accurate health news, condition-specific newsletters and community blogs.
BDO: Your Trusted, Daily Resource For Healthier, Happier Living.