From: Alderman Joe Moore
The Chicago Police Department’s Bureau of Detectives issued a “Community Alert” regarding three strong-arm robberies, which have occurred in our neighborhood in recent weeks.
According to police, in each incident, two offenders approached the victims, surrounded them, demanded or took their belongings and fled from the scene.
The incidents occurred at the following locations and times:
- 7100 block of N. Glenwood, Tuesday, April 10, 11:30 p.m.
- 1500 block of W. Jarvis, Sunday, April 15, 2:20 a.m.
- 1700 block of W. Jarvis, Sunday, April 29, 12:20 a.m.
The victims were unable to provide detailed physical descriptions of the offenders.
Here’s what you should do:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Pay special attention to any suspicious people or vehicles loitering in the area.
- If you are confronted by the assailants, remain calm.
- Remember any unique physical characteristics of the offenders (e.g., scars, limp, acne, tattoos).
- Never pursue a fleeing assailant.
- Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offenders, including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information, regarding these incidents, please contact the Bureau of Detectives–Area North at 312-744-8263.
I will update you if I receive any additional information.