CHICAGO, IL – Cinema/Chicago announced it is accepting submissions for the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival poster design competition. Producers are seeking a unique poster to serve as the key image for this year’s Festival taking place October 12-26, 2017. Designs will be reviewed by a panel of Festival officials and the winning designer will receive a $2,500 USD cash prize and the honor of having created the Festival’s signature look. Entries must be submitted by May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Late entries will not be accepted.
Festival Founder Michael Kutza and Managing Director Vivian Teng have created a video providing additional details and examples of past winners, viewable here.
Poster submissions should convey the experience of the Festival and be designed with the tagline “Because Life Is a Movie.” Submissions require a $25 entry fee and should conform to Cinema/Chicago’s design and submission guidelines outlined below.
Before submitting, designers should read and consent to the Designer Agreement found here and review the complete rules and details found here.
· Design must be 27” x 40’ or scale to 27” x 40”.
· Design must be vertically oriented.
· Design must be easily translated into a variety of media (online banners, book covers, etc.)
· Design must incorporate the Festival’s official “eyes” logo (available here).
· Design must reflect the theme “Because Life Is a Movie” and include that text in the design.
· Design must clearly state: 53rd Chicago International Film Festival.
· Design must include the festival dates: October 12-26, 2017.
· Design must include website: ChicagoFilmFestival.com.
· Artists must use their own original artwork. Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted (with the exception of the Chicago International Film Festival logo).
· All file submissions must be in pdf, jpeg or png format.
· Entries must be submitted at 300 dpi (CMYK).
· File must be no larger than 12 MB.
· Entries must include a completed Submission Form available here.
· A separate submission form and entry fee must be submitted for each design.
The Chicago International Film Festival is North America’s oldest competitive film festival. Seeking out the best in international cinema, the Festival has discovered new talents and opened windows to a world of film previously or otherwise unavailable in Chicago. This year the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival will take place October 21-26, 2017.
Cinema/Chicago, the presenting organization of the Chicago International Film Festival, is a year-round non-profit arts and education organization dedicated to fostering better communication between people of diverse cultures through the art of film and the moving image. We aim to enrich Chicago’s cultural environment by presenting film in contexts that encourage discussion and debate. Cinema/Chicago’s year-round programs include the International Screenings Program, Chicago International Television Festival, CineYouth Festival, Education Program and Membership Program. For more information visit http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/ .