The 2016 construction season is under way and the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways has announced a number of road and bridge projects throughout the region.
Projects this season include:
* Lake Cook Road bridge repairs over Buffalo Creek in Buffalo Grove and over Wisconsin Central Railroad in Wheeling. The work will include the removal and replacement of existing strip seal expansion joints, structural repair of concrete and deck slab repair.
* Pavement preservation and rehabilitation at Busse Road from Golf Road to Lonnquist Boulevard in Mount Prospect and at the Edens East Frontage from Lincoln Avenue to Harms Road in Morton Grove and Skokie.
* Pavement resurfacing and rehabilitation with drainage improvements at Halsted Street and 144th Street in Riverdale.
* Intersection improvements at 156th Street from Commercial Avenue to Halsted Street in Harvey.
* Reconstruction with drainage improvements on Center Street between 171st Street and 159th Street in Harvey.
* Reconstruction with drainage improvements and pavement preservation and rehabilitation on Plainfield Road from Willow Springs Road to East Avenue in Countryside; on 107th Street from 88th Avenue to Kean Avenue in Palos Hills; on 103rd Street from 88th Avenue to Kean Avenue in Palos Hills; on Kedzie Avenue at Governors Highway in Flossmoor; on Kedzie Avenue from 183rd Street to 175th Street in Homewood and Hazel Crest; on Sauk Trail from Cicero Avenue to Governors Highway in Richton Park; and on Wolf Road at 139th Street in Orland Park.
In addition, the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways will oversee pavement resurfacing and rehabilitation in Leyden Township on Winters Drive from Wolf Road to Roberta Avenue; on Scott Street from Armitage Avenue to Palmer Avenue; and on Dickens Avenue from Geneva Avenue to Manheim Road.
Work began for some projects in April and all the work will be completed by December.
Residents with questions or concerns can call (312) 603-1601 or email HWY.firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:HWY.email@example.com>.