The Axelson Center’s Excellent Emerging Organization Award application is now open. The deadline to apply is January 11, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. The winning organization will be recognized and honored at the Axelson Center’s Annual Symposium for Nonprofit Professionals and Volunteers, and receives a capacity-building package valued at over $25,000 and a $2,500 cash award.
In order to be considered for the award, an applicant organization:
- Must be a 501(c)3 organization
- Must have a primary mission focus that benefits Chicago and/or its surrounding communities (includes Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will County)
- Must be in existence for 10 years or less
- Must have an annual budget that does not exceed $750,000
- Must have 10 or fewer full-time staff members
You’ll benefit from a review of your application by a committee of nonprofit and civic leaders. At a subsequent time, organizations can seek feedback to learn about the review committee’s comments. That information can prove invaluable for an organization in learning more about its strengths and weaknesses in order to enhance its pursuit of a strong mission.
Please click here to complete the application by the application deadline, Monday, January 11, 2016.