|Click the image to download a flier.|
The Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) is encouraging parents and their children to protect themselves as they prepare to go back to school.
BACP is offering tips to help you Know Before You Send Your Kids to School.
- Ensure your children have your phone number memorized.
- Read manufacturer’s age recommendations for supplies.
- Before renting or purchasing new or used books, use price comparison engines: campusbooks.com, bigwords.com, bookfinder.com
- Use verified, free services to obtain assistance for student loans: consumerfinance.gov, studentaid.ed.gov, studentloanborrowerassistance.org
- Recalls from the Federal Consumer Product Safety Commissioner are posted on BACP’s website and social media.