SPRINGFIELD, IL â€“ The Illinois State Board of Education will convene for its first regular business meeting of the calendar year on Jan. 21 at the ISBE offices in Springfield.
All State Board of Education meetings listed on this agenda will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent’s office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
The Chair may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.
State Board of Education Meeting
Jan. 21, 2015
Location:Â Illinois State Board of Education, 100 N. First St., Springfield
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at:Â www.isbe.net
I.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
A.Â Â Â Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
II.Â Â Â Â Â Public Participation
III.Â Â Â Â Resolutions & Recognition
A. Burroughs Winner, Dave Dickson
IV.Â Â FY16 Budget Discussion
V.Â Â Â Â Â Superintendentâ€™s Report – Consent Agenda
A. *Approval of Minutes
1. Plenary Minutes: December 17, 2014
B. *Rules for Initial Review
1. Part 650 (Charter Schools) Addresses changes necessitated by recently enacted legislation (P.A. 98-783 and P.A. 98-1048) concerning school closures and material revisions to charter contracts, respectively.
2. Part 1105 (Procurement by the State Board of Education) Repeals Part
1105 due to statutory changes that place the State Board of Education
under the Chief Procurement
Officer for General Services for purposes of procurement.
C. *Rules for Adoption
1. Part 30 (Programs for the Preparation of Principals in Illinois) Aligns Part 30 to the requirements of P.A. 98-917, effective August 15, 2014, regarding the requirements for selection of candidates for principal preparation programs; includes a technical change to cross-reference the rules for the new superintendent endorsement found in Part 25. Â No public comment was received, although a nonsubstantive change is being made in response to statutory changes effective December 31, 2014, regarding out-of-state educator experience.
2. Part 5001 (Access to Information of the State Board of Education under the Freedom of Information Act) Responds to P.A. 98-1129, effective December 3, 2014, regarding requests under FOIA that are considered to be â€œvoluminousâ€ and requests for records that are posted online.
D. *Contracts & Grants Over $1 Million
1. Educator Data Systems RFSP for Programmer Analysts
2. Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) RFSP for BusinessÂ Analyst and 3 Programmer Analysts
3. Intergovernmental Agreement Extension with Regional Office of Education #9 for Professional Development in Support of the New Illinois Learning Standards
4. Intergovernmental Agreement with the Regional Office of Education #9 for Resource Development in Support of the New Illinois Learning Standards for Math and Science
5. Intergovernmental Agreement Extension with Illinois State University to Support the New Illinois Learning Standards in Fiscal Year 2016
6. Illinois Math and Science Partnerships (IMSP) Illinois-Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (I-STEM) Network Lead Partnership Grant
End of Consent Agenda
VI. Discussion Items
A. Legislative Update
B. Other Items for Discussion
VII. FY16 Budget Recommendation
VIII. Announcements & Reports
A. Superintendentâ€™s/Senior Staff Announcements
B. Chairmanâ€™s Report
C. Member Reports
IX. Information Items
1.Â ISBE Fiscal & Administrative Monthly Reports (available online at http://isbe.net/board/fiscal_admin_rep.htm
X. Â Closed Session (as needed)
XI.Â Â Adjourn