CHAMPAIGN, IL â€“ The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) has announced the following schedule for its regular business meeting on Oct. 15 at CityView Banquet and Meeting Center at the Illinois Terminal, 45 E. University Ave., in Champaign.
Prior to the start of the meeting, Board members will tour Prairie School and Urbana Early Childhood School in the 2200 block of East Washington in Urbana, followed by a visit to the Regional Educational Alternative for Developing Youth program (R.E.A.D.Y) at 45 E. University Ave. in Champaign. The school tours will begin at 9 a.m.
Students from the R.E.A.D.Y. culinary program will also serve Board members lunch with produce they cooked and harvested from their own garden.
ISBEâ€™s Finance and Audit Committee will then host the first of five public hearings for development the 2016 education budget immediately following the Board meeting.
All State Board of Education meetings listed on this agenda will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent’s office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
Chairman Chico may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.
State Board of Education Meeting
Oct. 15, 2014
Location: CityView Banquet and Meeting Center at the Illinois Terminal, 45 E. University Ave., in Champaign
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014
I. Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
A.Â Â Â Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
II. Public Participation
III. Resolutions & Recognition
IV. Student Advisory Council Introductions
V. Presentations & Updates
A. Educator Suspension and Revocation Procedures
B. Report Card Update
VI. Superintendentâ€™s Report – Consent Agenda
A. *Approval of Minutes
1. Plenary Minutes: September 17-18, 2014
B. *Rules for Initial Review
1. Part 30 (Programs for the Preparation of Principals in Illinois): Aligns Part 30 to the requirements of P.A. 98-917, effective August 15, 2014, regarding the requirements for selection of candidates for principal preparation programs; includes a technical change to cross-reference the rules for the new superintendent endorsement found in Part 25.
C. *Rules for Adoption
1. Part 50 (Evaluation of Educator Licensed Employees under Articles 24A and 34 of the School Code): Sets forth the requirements of the State Performance Evaluation Model for Teachers, components of which a school district will be required to adopt should its joint committee fail to agree within 180 days on one or more aspects of a performance evaluation plan that incorporates data and indicators of student growth. Â The agency received public comment from 539 individuals and organizations, and staff are proposing changes in the rulemaking in response to the comments received.
2. Part 305 (School Food Service): In response to federal regulations, addresses a limit on the number of fundraisers selling food and beverages that do not meet federal nutrition standards that may be hosted by schools participating in the National School Lunch Program and/or School Breakfast Program.Â The agency received public comment from 251 individuals and organizations, and staff are proposing changes in the rulemaking in response to the comments received.
D. *Contracts & Grants Over $1 Million
1. Request to Award the Contract for the Common Demographic Dataset Administrator
2. Request to Award the Contract with PARCC Inc. for the Program Management Support
End of Consent Agenda
E. Capital Needs Assessment Biennial Report
F. State Charter School Commission Appointments
VII. Discussion Items
A. District Oversight â€“ Monthly Update (Superintendent Koch)
VIII. Announcements & Reports
A. Superintendentâ€™s/Senior Staff Announcements
B. Chairmanâ€™s Report
C. Member Reports
IX. Information Items
1.Â ISBE Fiscal & Administrative Monthly Reports (available online at http://isbe.net/board/fiscal_admin_rep.htm)
X. Â Closed Session (as needed)
XI.Â Â Adjourn