SPRINGFIELD â€“ The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced new state highway maps are available at the 2013 Illinois State Fair.
â€œOur mapping team here at IDOT has completed the 2013-2014 Illinois Official Highway map and we are proud to first offer it at the Illinois State Fair,â€ said Illinois Transportation Secretary Ann L. Schneider. Â â€œThis free resource provides valuable information and itâ€™s something all drivers should keep in their vehicle.â€
The new map features:
- Recycled paper
- Soybean oil-based inks
- Embrace the Orange work zone safety awareness website
- Getting Around Illinois website with QR code
- Illinois High Speed Rail website with QR code
- Enlarged Amtrak map with QR code
- Illinois Yellow Dot Program website with QR code
- Alternative fuels website with QR code
- Enjoy Illinois website with QR code
- Travel Midwest website with QR code
- St. Louis traffic website with QR code
- Start Seeing Motorcycles website with QR code
- Donâ€™t Drive In-TEXT-icated website
- Illinois Amber Alert website
- Scottâ€™s Law information
The Illinois Official Highway Map is free to the public and is updated and printed every two years.
Copies of the new map will be available at the 2013 Illinois State Fair at the IDOT tent located on the east side of the fairgrounds near Lincoln Stage. IDOT will also have copies of this map at the DuQuoin State Fair later this month.
For map requests, please send inquiries to DOT.firstname.lastname@example.org.