HBCU Homecoming launches on the Appstore for the iPhone as the first and only mobile APP created to showcase HBCU homecoming events
Nationwide (BlackNews.com) — Diverse Mobile the minority owned mobile application development company behind the first African American Storybook App on the AppStore, A Song for Miles, brings you another revolutionary App for the iPhone focusing on HBCU Homecomings. HBCU Homecoming is the first App created solely to promote Black College Homecoming activities and events. The application features schedules of events for all Black Colleges with Fall football Homecoming activities.
Having all attended HBCUs, the founders of Diverse Mobile recognize the amount of excitement and pageantry around Black College Homecomings and are attempting to fill a void in the mobile space with this one of a kind App. According to the UNCF Patterson Research Institute, though representing just 4 percent of the nationâ€™s public and private not-for profit four-year institutions, HBCUs enroll 21 percent of African-American college students, and grant 22 percent of all bachelorâ€™s degrees awarded to African-Americans. HBCUs also account for more than a fifth of all African- American undergraduates.
What makes the App so revolutionary and a must have for anyone with an interest in HBCUs is not only the schedule of events but all of the other innovative and collaborative features sure to please Alumni, current Students, and all interested Parties.
The feature set is listed below:
* Homecoming schedule of events for all HBCUs that have Fall Football activities and the ability to set reminders so you wonâ€™t miss any events
* School specific In App Chat rooms that allow you to connect with old classmates or talk smack about an upcoming Game or Event!
* Listen to live broadcast streams of selected Black College football games through our partnership with the Heritage Sports network via the App
* Want to know where the hottest parties around Homecoming are occurring? This App has you covered in the Entertainment section
* Search for travel deals inside of the App for transportation to HBCU Homecomings and Events through our partnership with the HBCU College Shuttle
* Multipurpose QR scanner to be used on any QR code (2D Code)
* Twitter and Facebook feeds with the latest news on HBCUs inside of the application
The App can be downloaded today at the following link (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hbcu-homecoming/id471987577?ls=1&mt=8) or found on the AppStore by searching for “HBCU Homecoming”. You can also follow HBCU mobile Apps on Twitter @hbcumobileapps or visit www.hbcumobileapps.com for more information. If you are a Promoter and interested in advertising your event around an HBCU Homecoming inside of the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org